Cranapple Skillet Pork Chops and BB’s Broccoli & Bacon Salad
Cranapple Skillet Pork Chops
6 1-inch thick boneless pork chops
½ cup Braggs liquid amino
½ cup Apple juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup diced apple
1 cup Chicken broth
2 tbsp Cornstarch
¼ cup Apple juice
¼ cup dried cranberries
- Marinate the chops in Braggs & apple juice for 2 hours at least.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet or cast iron pan, heat up the olive oil. Add the pork chops and cook each side until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. (See notes.)
- Combine cornstarch & chicken broth.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the pork chops to a platter. Cover them loosely with aluminum foil and let them rest while you make the sauce.
- Pour off any excess fat from the skillet. Return the skillet to the stovetop over medium-high heat. Pour in the apple juice and stir scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cranberries & diced apples and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the liquid reduces by half. Lower the heat to medium-low and add the combined cornstarch & chicken broth. Stir and simmer for about 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning.
- Return the pork chops to the skillet and coat them with the sauce. Serve.
Notes: You can remove the pork from the oven when the internal temperature has reached 140° F. The temperature will rise to 145°F while the pork chops rest.
Nutritional Information *Please note that all nutrition information is just estimated. Values vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for the most accurate results.
Serving size: 1 Pork chop
BB’s Broccoli & Bacon Salad
Servings: 8 cups
- 8 cups raw broccoli florets, cut into small and even pieces
- ½ cup diced red onions
- ½ cup dried cranberries (Dried cherries are great too!)
- ½ cup slivered almond
- ½ cup finely diced bacon, cooked
- 1 cup diced red apple
- ½ cup slivered carrots
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli florets, red onions, cranberries, almonds, and bacon and toss until evenly distributed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the broccoli mixture.
- Toss lightly until the broccoli is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, garnished with extra onions, almonds, cranberries, and bacon bits if desired.
Nutrition Information *approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
Serving size: 1 Cup