Chicken Cordon Bleu
Author: Chef Belinda Jones
Yield: 4 servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Nutritional Information: Calories- 313k: Protein- 46g: Carbohydrates- 12g: Total Fat- 10g
4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breast, (pounded flat)
Salt substitute and fresh cracked pepper
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
4 slices thinly sliced lean deli ham, sliced in half
4 slices (4.4 oz) Sargento reduced-fat Swiss cheese
Panko bread crumbs, toasted
Milk and egg for dredging
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
2 tbsp dijon mustard
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tsp minced garlic
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry the chicken breast; lightly pound the chicken to make it thinner and lightly season with salt substitute and black pepper.
- Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham on top of the chicken, then the mozzarella cheese and roll, setting them aside seam side down.
- Once all breasts are stuffed, dip in the dredge mixture and coat evenly with combined crumbs and additional salt substitute. Place seam side down in a lined baking pan and bake uncovered at 350 for 20-30 minutes, and core temp reaches 160-165 degrees.
- Once each breast is finished cooking. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese, allow melting… Remove from pan and set aside…
1. Add sauce ingredients to a saucepan and mix well while heating. Serve over top of each stuffed chicken breast.